Monday, 3 March. 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio
If You Focus Intently You Will Succeed
‘…I focus on this one thing…’ Philippians 3:13 NLT
Today’s Insight
Professor Howard Hendricks mentored hundreds of
pastors and leaders. He writes: ‘As a young leader, my biggest mistake was
allowing my time to be eaten up with things outside my core competencies. I
wanted to set the pace for others, to demonstrate that nothing was beneath me,
so I devoted an inordinate amount of time to things I wasn’t good at – things
I’d never be good at. At the same time I invested little energy into developing
my strengths… Finally I realized that my true value lay within the context of
my giftedness – not the number of hours I worked.
There were some balls I’d no business juggling.
When I finally got the courage to let them fall to the floor, I began to excel
in juggling the two or three balls I was created to keep in the air in the first
place. And the amazing thing is, people came along and picked up the other
balls. What I couldn’t relinquish were the opportunities they’d been waiting
for.’
Answer this: of the two
or three things that define success for you, which of them are in line with
your core competencies? That is where you must focus your energies. That is
where you’ll excel. Within that narrowed context you will make your greatest
contribution. And best of all, you will enjoy what you do!
You say, ‘But I can’t
afford to focus all my energies on one or two things.’ Maybe not yet, but that
should be your goal. It’s something you should be working towards if you want
to succeed where it matters most.
Today’s
Prayer
Heavenly Father thank
you for your powerful Word today. Lord
thank you for reminding me to have focus on the gift that you gave to me. Lord
helps me to always to concentrate on what I love and not wasting my time that
is not my talent or calling. Lord empowers me to intently focus on my race that
you set me before so that I can succeed in every area of my life for your
glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment