Monday, 10 March 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly
Custodio
‘…he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has
done, and there is no partiality.’ Colossians 3:25 NKJV
Today’s Insight
John Ortberg writes: ‘My friend Andy Chan headed up
the placement office for Stanford School of Business, helping graduates find
work. He says that some day he wants to write a book called The Myth of
Passion. This is the myth that somewhere out there is the perfect job, the
idealized calling that fits my soul the way a key fits into a lock. And if I
could just find that job, torrents of passion would cascade out of my heart
like water going over Niagara Falls.’
We have this romanticized idea that we will find
‘job-love at first sight.’ But what if you are in a job that doesn’t excite
you? Ortberg writes: “Passion for our work is not usually a subterranean
volcano waiting to erupt…It is a muscle that gets strengthened a little each
day as we show up – as we do what is expected of us, and then some.’
Paul wrote: ‘…obey… not… as men-pleasers, but in
sincerity of heart, fearing God. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the
Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of
the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. But he who does wrong will be
repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality’ (Colossians 3:22-25 NKJV).
Maybe it would help to put a sign up on your desk:
‘For God’s sake – do your best!’ Why? For two reasons:
(1) Because you represent Christ in the workplace.
(2) When you are faithful in small things, He will
promote you to greater things (Matthew 25:21).
Parallel verses: Rev 10-14, Matt 19:1-12, Ps 136:1-12, Pro 6:30-31
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today.
Lord thank you for giving me a beautiful job that helps to lift my living. Lord
as I receive this blessing from you empowers me Lord to do the best that I can
so that there is no things that I missed but to help our company’s
accomplishment. Lord you are our great God anoints my work so that they will
see you in me as a role model how to do the work being assigned to me done
without complaining but showing a passion to my work. Lord reminds me that I am
not working for men but for God for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment