Saturday, 1 March. 2014
FAITH IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LIVE A VICTORIOUS LIFE
‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for…’ Hebrews 11:1 NKJV
Today’s Insight
You don’t need faith unless you’re hoping for
something. Hope establishes the goal; faith is the bridge that gets you to it.
There’s no need to build a bridge if you’re not going anywhere. But if you’re
going after something you can’t reach on your own, you need the bridge of faith
to get you there. ‘…This is the victory that has overcome the world – our
faith’ (1 John 5:4 NKJV).
Never has it been more
important to teach moral standards. But unless we also teach people how to
stand in faith in God’s Word, they’ll end up using willpower and discipline to
fight the devil, and they’ll lose. Jesus told Peter, ‘I have prayed for you,
that your faith should not fail…’ (Luke 22:32 NKJV). When you’re up to your neck in
problems and don’t know which way to turn, speak to yourself and say, ‘Faith,
don’t fail me now!’.
The Bible says, ‘Faith comes by hearing, and
hearing by the Word of God’ (Romans 10:17 NKJV). It’s in hearing yourself
declare God’s Word that your faith grows. And here’s another Scripture: ‘…But
the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in
those who heard it’ (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV).
You can have an
expression of faith, yet not enjoy the benefits of faith. You can get excited
about a sermon in church, yet nothing changes in your life. You’ve got to get
the ‘mix’ right. You’ve got to take what you hear and mix it with what you
think, say and do. Faith is not an emotion, it’s a decision to stand on God’s
Word.
Today’s
Prayer
Heavenly Father thank
you for your powerful Word today. Lord
thank you for planting faith in my heart. Lord thank you that you have Word
that we rely on and stand on. Lord as you Word says “It is impossible to please
you without faith.” Lord thank you that you have a Word which we can trust and
rely to develop and strengthen our faith. Lord anoints me to understand your
Word so that I can’t be mistaken when world knowledge persuades me to make a
decisions but I can discern and check any knowledge that the World is offering to
me. Lord with your Word I can be assured that I am standing on the rock which my
faith is anchored. Lord thank you so much for the Bible which is our basis of
final authority to believe and establish our faith. Lord teaches me to love
your Word that I may study intently your Word and obey them for your glory, In
Jesus Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please
do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily
3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study,
Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and
finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life
also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment