expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: DON’T COMPROMISE BUT STAND ON YOUR INTEGRITY

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

DON’T COMPROMISE BUT STAND ON YOUR INTEGRITY

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio


 DON’T COMPROMISE BUT STAND ON YOUR INTEGRITY

‘The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my ancestors’ 1 Kings 21:3 NIV

Today’s Insight

Integrity. As Christians, we shouldn’t compromise what God really wants for us. A few of the Christian guidelines that the world bins as ‘boring’ are the ones that God has given us to lead to true freedom and life. For example, He taught us to prioritize other people, to check our anger, envy and gossip, and to recognize the spiritual and psychological damage that sex outside of a marital relationship can do to us.

So, standing your ground when other influences hit is going to be essential. In the Bible, in 1 Kings 21:3 (NIV), Naboth had inherited land that was right next to the King’s palace. The King wasn’t too happy about it, and even offered Naboth good money. Yet Naboth had integrity; he stood by what was appointed for him. He said, ‘The Lord forbids that I should give the inheritance of my fathers to you!’ Unfortunately, this decision did cost him (read the whole story in 1 Kings 21:1-11).

Yes, it’s an extreme example, but Christian principles are always being attacked, in different ways in every generation. Will you stand up? We know it’s hard, but God wants to hear you being honest. He will help you live right, and to stand up for what is right in the world.

Application? Is there an area of your life where compromise is rearing its ugly head. Pray and ask God for His help. Take a stand in your heart and make the right decision – you won’t regret it.

Parallel verses:  2 Kings 4:18 – 6:33, Matt 20:17-23, Ps 112, Pro 7:6-9 

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for reminding me that I should not sell my own integrity but as you have said in your Word that our integrity or good name is better than silver and gold. Lord thank you for putting us in a right direction because I believe that if I maintain my integrity I will not afraid of every political institution or enemies who will trying or persuade us to compromise. Lord anoints me that I can be able to live with your commandment or principles which are written in the Bible that I may not sin against you for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment