Sunday, 1 December 2013
Word of Hope for Today with Bro. Rolly Custodio
God of the top and of
the bottom
‘…Underneath
are the everlasting arms….’ Deuteronomy 33:27
Today’s Wisdom
Addressing the nation of Israel for the last
time, Moses told them, ‘There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across
the heavens to help you…The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting
arms are under you…’ (vv. 26-27 NLT). As you read the Bible you discover that
God did a lot of spectacular things for His people on mountaintops. On Mount
Moriah, He met with Abraham and Isaac, revealing Himself as ‘Jehovah Jireh’,
which means ‘the Lord will provide.’ On Mount Horeb, He spoke to Moses through
a burning bush and changed the nation of Israel’s destiny. On Mount Sinai, He gave
the Ten Commandments. On Mount Carmel, He sent down fire from heaven, consuming
the prophets of Baal and turning the hearts of His people back to Him. But
suddenly Moses made a shift in the middle of telling about this great God of
high places. It is as though he was thinking, ‘I can’t leave these people with
the thought that God is only on top; that He’s with us only when everything is
going right.’ So he continued, ‘The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath
are the everlasting arms.’ The Hebrew word for ‘underneath’ means ‘bottom.’ So
it could be translated, ‘God’s arms are underneath you when you’re on the
bottom.’ No matter how deep the valley you have to walk, God’s presence is
deeper. It may feel like you are down today, but you cannot go so low that He
is not there. Underneath you are His everlasting arms. The truth is: He’s not
just the God of the top; He’s also the God of the bottom.
Parallel
Verses: Gen
24:1 - 25:18, Jn 14:15-25, Ps 118:19-29 , Prov 31:14-17
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father I humble myself. Thank you for your Word today. Lord as
you have said in your Word that we should not worry in our life but we must
trust you always. Lord as Job said shall we only thank when we have abundant
isn't it that we should thank Him also even when we have nothing. Lord you are
the one gives life and you are the one also has authority to take our breath.
Lord empowers me to trust you even I am in the rock bottom for I believe you
are not only blessed me when I have anything but you are there when I am in my
lowest point of my life. Lord strengthens me to trust you always even the
problems are gigantic as you have said when the enemies come like a flood you
promise that you will raise your banner and you will fight for me in every
battles of my life that I may stand strong for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a
sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal
Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your
heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word that He promise in John 3:16 that if
you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life.
Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do
these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3.
Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting and Bible Study and
serve God first place in your life, in your talent and money 5. Witness Jesus
to others that they may receive salvation too.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment