expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Are You Running on Empty?

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Are You Running on Empty?

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Word of Hope for Today with Bro. Rolly Custodio

Are You Running on Empty?

‘I will pour out water to quench your thirst…’ Isaiah 44:3

Today’s Insight

Julie Coleman writes: ‘I was heading to a writer’s conference in Philadelphia when I realized I’d better think about stopping for petrol…Normally I’m fussy about where I stop… but as I drove the lonely stretch of road, I began to feel desperate…any minute…I’d be stranded in 100-plus degrees and I didn’t even have a water bottle…I drove several long miles until I came to a tiny crossroads. Four houses….and a petrol station! It looked like it could be called ‘Joe’s Petrol Station and Storm Door Company’…I’d probably have turned up my nose at it in another circumstance. But at that moment [it] was the best thing I’d ever seen! Funny how our circumstances can dictate how we feel!’

Running from his enemies, David prayed, ‘…My soul thirsts for you…in a parched…land where there is no water…Teach me to walk in the way I should’ (Psalms 143:6-8 NAS). Would his prayer have been different if David had been living in luxury surrounded by servants? Not knowing where his next meal was coming from and sleeping outside every night changed his perspective.

When life goes well, we become self-sufficient and forget God. Spiritually speaking, we run on empty until a spark ignites an outburst. If your car’s tank is empty, whose fault is it? The petrol station hasn’t moved! You chose to drive by without stopping! When you’re running on empty, you end up hurting those closest to you, then dealing with the guilt that comes after a flare-up. God said, ‘I will pour out water to quench your thirst.’ So today pick up your Bible and refuel your soul!

Parallel Verses: Est 1-4, Jn 20:19-31, Ps 105:8-22 , Ecc 7:1-4

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for you for giving me wisdom to always anticipate and be prepared for the unexpected. But you oh Lord is my strength and my fortress who support me all the way to finish line. Lord thank you for sustaining me to withstand every trials and temptation so that I will be victorious in the end for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Prayer for SalvationLord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow/ likes/ subscribed to me in:
http://youtube.com/rollycustodio
http://wordofhopefor2day.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/JesusistheWealthCreator
http://twitter.com/rollycustodio77
http://facebook.com/rollycustodioministries
http://netlog.com/custodiorolly
http://scribd.com/srvtech7
http://prayerintercessors.blogspot.com
http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/
http://invest2makewealth.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment