Tuesday, 6 January 2015
WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY BY by Bro. Rolly
Custodio
DIG DEEPER INTO GOD’S WORD
“The
Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1:14 NKJV
Today’s Devotion
Throughout
the Old Testament God routinely spoke to people. In these thirty-nine books He
gave them instructions, and promises with conditions. Some people understood
what He was saying, others didn’t. Some tried to live by it with varying
degrees of success, while others rejected it and decided to do their own thing.
Then
God did something truly incredible: “The Word became flesh and blood, and moved
into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind
glory, like Father, like Son, generous inside and out, true from start to
finish” (v. 14 The Messenger Version).
Jesus
was a living Bible! John tells us, “The Word was God” (v. 1 NKJV), so the more
you get into the Word and get it into you, the more of God you’re depositing within you. You say,
“But sometimes I don’t get much out of reading the Bible.” A word to the wise:
When you start studying the Bible, don’t do it to find some new truth nobody
else has ever seen. Do it with the attitude, “Lord, what are You saying to me?” The problem most
of us have isn’t interpreting the difficult passages; it’s obeying the ones we
already understand!
Application
The
Word of God provides you with two things: (1) Protection. The
Psalmist said, “Unless your law had been my delight, I would then have perished
in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given
me life” (Ps 119:92-93 NKJV). And then (2)
Direction. “Your
word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (v. 105 NKJV). Do you Need
direction and protection? Therefore dig deeper into God’s Word.
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you
for your Word today. Lord thank you for encouraging us to dig deeper into your
Word so that as we walk and serve you for this year we can be assured of our
protection and direction in our journey in this life. Lord empowers by your
Word so that I am ready to face any enemies and challenges in my life and that
I would not be failed on the mission that you want me to carry on for your
glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me also in!
For health tips please
see this video/blog below now!
http://wealth-health-creator.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment