expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Through Faith in Christ We Are Saved

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Through Faith in Christ We Are Saved

Sunday, 09 Feb. 2014

Word of Hope for Today with Bro. Rolly Custodio

 


Through Faith in Christ We Are Saved

 ‘…What must I do to be saved?’ Acts 16:30 NIV

Today’s Insight


After her first flight, someone asked an elderly lady what she thought of being on a plane. She said, ‘It was ok, but I never did put my whole weight on it.’ And we do the same when we refuse to place our trust on the finished work of Christ. Most major religions answer the question, ‘What must I do to be saved?’ by handing you a book of rules you must keep to get to Heaven. A lot of us try and give up in discouragement. Satan doesn’t lead you away from God’s grace – he tries to make you earn it instead.

When asked, ‘What must I do to be saved?’ Paul didn’t say, ‘Work harder, pray longer, give more, and be more moral.’ No, he said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…’ (Acts 16:31 NIV). Believing is the root of the tree we call salvation; behaving is the fruit that grows on it. We don’t do good works to be saved – our good works are just an expression of love and gratitude to the One who already saved us.

The Bible says, ‘…We should be holy and without blame…’ (Ephesians 1:4 NKJV). Without blame? That’s an impossible standard! The only way that will happen is if God takes the righteousness of Christ and credits it to our account. And He does! ‘God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God’ (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV).

The moment you place your trust in Christ, God sees you as ‘righteous’, and on that basis He accepts you 24/7. Aren’t you glad?

 Parallel Verses: Num 25-26, Matt 12:22-37, Ps 120, Pro 3:33-35

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for giving me hope because I can’t save myself even in my good works that I did it’s not credit that I will be saved Lord thank you for sacrifice because you died for me and all of us so that we who have no hope can now have hope because of what you have done Lord. I trust Lord for you are our righteousness we become righteous because righteous Lord. Father empowers me to trust you all the way until I finish my mission on for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:




No comments:

Post a Comment