expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Facing Your Mountain (Part-1)

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Facing Your Mountain (Part-1)

Sunday, 23 Feb. 2014

Word of Hope For Today  by Bro. Rolly Custodio


Facing Your Mountain (Part-1)

 ‘…Is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy.’ James 1:2 TLB

 

Today’s Devotion

Lori Schneider is one of very few women to climb Mt. Everest – yet another step on a climb she started ten years earlier when she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). Terrified, but determined to achieve her goal, she quit her job and devoted herself to climbing. Nine years later she’d conquered the highest peaks on six of the earth’s continents! ‘Lori sees MS not as a negative, but a positive,’ her father said. ‘She accepted it as a challenge’. Unfurling a banner in honor of the first World MS Day, she called her dad on a satellite phone: ‘I’m here Dad, I’m on the summit, I made it!’ A dream sixteen years in the making realized! Now her goal is to show others who face challenges that even the highest mountain can be climbed one step at a time.

In ‘Let It Go’, Mark Atteberry writes: ‘The Christian life is about progress, not perfection. For that reason, you should never measure the distance between you and perfection (which is what all perfectionists insist on doing). That distance is completely irrelevant. If you want to measure something, measure the distance between where you are today and where you were yesterday. If you made a little progress in the right direction, even if it was just an inch, celebrate it!’

Parallel verses: Exo 20:15, Josh 7:1-26, Mal 3:8-11, 

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for giving me strength in facing difficulty. Lord empowers me to stay focus on the things that you want me to do. Lord in traversing the distance strengthens to endure the task that I am doing. Lord you are there to help me when difficulty comes in my journey and I believe Lord that I could finish and overcome the difficulty and obstacles on my way to finish the mission that you set me in front of for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment