Friday,
14 Feb. 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio
SERVANT LEADER’S ATTITUDE (PART-2)
‘…I
find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.’Romans
7:21 NIV
Unless
you make truthfulness a priority, there’s an actual ‘law at work’ which
dictates that even when you ‘want to do good, evil is right there’. That means
our natural ‘default’ setting (the one automatically selected by our internal
computer unless we deliberately choose another option) is always set toward a
lower standard.
One author
writes: ‘I lived in Atlanta…there’s a vine there called kudzu…and once it
creeps onto your tree or fence, if you don’t kill it immediately, it’ll overtake
your entire property.
Any
deception…subtle omission…telling a tiny white lie…is like planting a kudzu
seed in the garden of your heart… For me it’s a slippery slope, like taking a
side route on an unmarked path, thinking I’ve found a shortcut. I get
sloppy…lazy…then I get lost. I let one infraction of integrity slide without
correction. I feel the tug of the Holy Spirit, but I shrug it off and stay
busy…and I’ve taken the first step into shadow-living… Tiny lies are like
snowballs rolling downhill…they’re sticky, and they get bigger fast!
How do we stay in
truth when the potential resides in us to compromise?
Life Application:
First: we must recommit to our walk with God
every morning before we do anything else. We do that through prayer and reading
the Scriptures. By doing this we’re choosing light over darkness while it’s
still too early to mess up.
Second: we must align ourselves with the
promptings of the Spirit. This is a highly personal thing which grows in direct
proportion to our time and devotion to our walk with God.’
Parallel Verses: Num 30:1 – 32:24, Matt 13:1-9, Ps 125, Pro 4:3-4
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for your
Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for your
Word because it gives me wisdom to know where I stand. I trust you Lord that
the enemy will no defeat me because you are there guide and strengthens me in
all what I do for your kingdom. Lord you are our righteous we become righteous
because your righteousness cover on me. Lord thank you for your goodness
because you did not see our weaknesses but you see our heart to serve you as
your faithful servant we should not give in to any temptation and lies of the
enemies but stick and believe your Word will guide and change for your glory.
In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of
all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior
Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now
saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you
will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In
order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting
today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services
Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God
first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness
Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment