expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Don’t Worry (Part-2)

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Don’t Worry (Part-2)



Tuesday, 04 Feb. 2014

Word of Hope for Today with Bro. Rolly Custodio

 

Don’t Worry (Part-2)

‘…I tell you not to worry about everyday life…’ Matthew 6:25 NLT

Today’s Insight

Jesus said, ‘Therefore I tell you, stop being perpetually uneasy (anxious and worried) about your life…’ (Matthew 6:25 AMP). Now, the Lord is not condemning you for having a legitimate concern about your responsibilities.
No, what He’s condemning is having a mindset that keeps leaving Him out of the equation, or turning to Him only as a last resort. Destructive anxiety subtracts God from the future, faces uncertainties with no faith, tallies up the challenges of today and tomorrow, and forgets to include God’s promises and His faithfulness.

Jesus told His disciples, ‘I tell you not to worry about everyday life – whether you have enough.’ Note the words ‘whether you have enough’. That’s what we worry about, isn’t it? Shortfalls, sickness, redundancies, economic downturns.

Faced with the feeding of 5,000 people, the disciples had the same worry. Philip did an audit: ‘…Eight months’ wages would not buy enough bread for each one to have a bite’ (John 6:7 NIV)! How do you suppose Jesus felt in that moment? Standing next to them was the solution to their problems, but they didn’t go to Him until their backs were to the wall and they had no answers. In their hands five loaves and two fishes looked like nothing. Yet in His hands it was more than enough to feed the multitude and solve their problem. As the bread kept multiplying, surely they must each have come to the point where they said, ‘Lord, why did I ever doubt You?’

Let your problems drive you into the arms of Jesus. And when you get there, stay there!

Parallel Verses: Num 19-21, Matt 12:1-14, Ps 111, Pro 3:29-30

 Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for giving me an assurance Lord not to worry but to trust in you with all our heart, mind and soul. Lord strengthens to rise up in my faith because you are there always to meet our needs and supply resources that never run out. Thank you for you are our Jehovah Jireh who is the great provider. Lord I put my trust in you to all I need from this moment on and forever for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:




No comments:

Post a Comment