Monday,
10 Feb. 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio
Living in Truth (Part-1)
‘…I find this law at work: When I want to do
good, evil is right there with me. ’Romans 7:21 NIV
Today’s Insight
Unless
you make truthfulness a priority, there’s an actual ‘law at work’ which
dictates that even when you ‘want to do good, evil is right there’. That means
our natural ‘default’ setting (the one automatically selected by our internal
computer unless we deliberately choose another option) is always set toward a
lower standard.
One
author writes: ‘I lived in Atlanta…there’s a vine there called kudzu…and once
it creeps onto your tree or fence, if you don’t kill it immediately, it’ll
overtake your entire property. Any deception…subtle omission…telling a tiny
white lie…is like planting a kudzu seed in the garden of your heart… For me
it’s a slippery slope, like taking a side route on an unmarked path, thinking
I’ve found a shortcut. I get sloppy…lazy…then I get lost. I let one infraction
of integrity slide without correction. I feel the tug of the Holy Spirit, but I
shrug it off and stay busy…and I’ve taken the first step into shadow-living…
Tiny lies are like snowballs rolling downhill…they’re sticky, and they get
bigger fast! How do we stay in truth when the potential resides in us to
compromise?
First:
we must recommit to our walk with God every morning before we do anything else.
We do that through prayer and reading the Scriptures. By doing this we’re
choosing light over darkness while it’s still too early to mess up.
Second:
we must align ourselves with the promptings of the Spirit. This is a highly
personal thing which grows in direct proportion to our time and devotion to our
walk with God.’
Today’s
Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for your
Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for instruction
us not to compromise in faith but walk in truth and show our love to the lost.
Lord thank you for your Word because your Word is truth. You word or
commandment is perfect making a simple wise. Lord teaches us to live in truth
that I may not stumble and influence by the majority. Lord empowers me to read
your word regularly and obey and live with it because your commandment or your
Word is truth. Lord helps me to walk and live in truth for your glory. In Jesus
Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of
all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior
Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now
saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus
you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God.
In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting
today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services
Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God
first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness
Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment