Monday, 24 Feb. 2014
Word of Hope For Today
by Bro. Rolly Custodio
Facing Your Mountain (Part-2)
‘…God led you through the wilderness…to prove your
character…’Deuteronomy 8:2 NLT
Today’s Devotion
God led the children of Israel through the
wilderness: ‘to prove [their] character, and… find out whether or not [they]
would obey His commandments’. They could choose to perish there, or trust Him
to bring them safely to the Promised Land. One author writes: ‘How many times
have you changed courses in life, rather than pass the test and get through the
tough stuff to the promises of God? He wants to know if you are worthy of the
blessing that awaits you on the other side of the Jordan. Do you have the courage
to face the challenges, or will you go back and settle for second best?
If you’re facing a
challenge that stands between you and your promise…look atJoshua 1:9 and Daniel 10:19 for courage. Ask God to give you the
courage to face whatever hurdles stand in the way of your claiming what God has
prepared for you’.
The landscape along the
USA’s Florida’s Everglades is dotted with wiry, primitive-looking trees known
as Caribbean Pines. They thrive in a rugged environment, can withstand
prolonged periods of drought and fire, and hold their own against the fiercest
hurricanes. In fact, if you plant them in a cultivated setting they usually shrivel
and die.
Joni Eareckson Tada says: ‘Like Caribbean Pines,
our souls usually don’t thrive during good times. Our hearts grow complacent,
our need of God becomes less urgent, our hope of Heaven dims, and our prayer
life dries up…in a beautiful setting with our needs met and every resource at
our fingertips…our soul shrivels… We need an occasional blast of storm or fiery
trial if our faith is to mature.’
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father thank
you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for these trials and difficulty
which I am facing today for I believe that you are using these Lord to test and
level up my faith. Lord strengthens me every time I am facing enormous
mountains so that I can be able to withstand because you are there in my side to
see and support me to win every situations that I am facing in my life. Lord I
trust you that you will not leave me as orphan or lifeless but you will give me
courage and victory to face them for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment