Sunday, 30 November 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio
Take Advantage
of the Present
‘The Word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time.’-
Jonah 3:1
Today’s Insight
We spend too much of our lives in the junkyard of
regret. We focus on what might have been, could have been and should have been.
Maybe we think that by replaying it enough we can change the outcome. But we
can’t. The only thing you can control is what you do in the present. The more
you replay yesterday, the further you get from today’s opportunities. And the
further you move from today’s opportunities, the tougher the road back becomes.
Opportunities never look as good coming as they do going. And they wait for no
one, so you need to be attentive and grab them. They come in many forms, and
they can come from any direction. But one thing’s for certain: they can be seen
and seized only in the present. Whatever has happened in your life, has
happened. And since you can’t undo it no matter how hard you try, wipe the
slate clean and go on to what’s next. We all make mistakes.
Jonah’s mistake caused a storm that threatened the
lives of everybody around him, and ended up taking him all the way to the
bottom. But that’s not the end of his story: ‘From inside the fish Jonah prayed
to…God…And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
Then the Word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time’ (Jonah 2:1 & 10-3:1
NIV). He’s a God of second chances—and third, fourth, and fifth ones too! ‘They
are new every morning’ (Lamentations 3:23 NIV).
Application
Today is a gift—that’s why it’s called ‘the present’. So repent of the
past, seize the present and start living again!
Parallel Verses: Rom 1:1 - 3:20, John 13:31-38, Ps 118:1-9, Pr 27:
23-27
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word Today.
Lord empowers to put in my heart to be patience on those things or plans that I
want to be happened. Lord helps me to learn to wait from your timing so that I
would not be worry on the answers for what I am waiting because you will give
me the best answer for my quest and when those things happened I believe it
should be perfect because it your timing Lord. Likewise, Lord I will not be
worry but have confident for the results because it’s for our best and for your
glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you
into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer
above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise
in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have
Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with
God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your
Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me below now!
For healthy tips please
see this video below now!

No comments:
Post a Comment