Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly
Custodio
Teach Them How to Do Fishing
‘I will make you fishers of men.’ Matthew
4:19 NKJV
Today’s Insight
We read, ‘Jesus…saw…Simon…and Andrew…casting a net
into the sea; for they were fishermen. Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I
will make you fishers of men”‘(Matthew 4:18-19 NKJV)! To follow Christ you must learn
how to fish for men and women and then do it!
Max Lucado grew up fishing.
He said: ‘We set out…dreaming of…sun. But…next morning the sky was grey, the
lake a mountain of white-topped waves…there was no way we could fish…Next day…it
was ice! We tried to be cheerful…but I began to notice…Mark had a few
personality flaws…Dad was touchy…Nothing like being cooped up with someone to
see his real nature! When we awoke the next morning to sleet…we were flat-out
grumpy…Mark became even more of a jerk…Dad couldn’t do anything right, and when
he announced we were going home, nobody objected…When energy intended for
outside is used inside…instead of casting nets, we cast stones.
Instead of helping hands we point accusing fingers.
Instead of being fishers of the lost, we become critics of the saved. Rather
than helping the hurting, we hurt the helpers. The result? Split churches. Poor
testimonies. Broken hearts. Legalistic wars. But when those who are called to
fish, fish – they flourish…Nothing unites soldiers like a common task. Leave
them inside and they’ll invent things to complain about. The bunks will be too
hard, food too cold, leadership too tough. Place those same soldiers in the
trench and let them duck a few bullets and a boring barracks will seem like a
haven…The next time outside challenges tempt you to stay inside… get out! When
those who are called to fish don’t fish, they fight!’
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today.
Lord thank you for giving me an opportunity to serve you in the Ministry of
Evangelism. Lord empowers not to stay inside the Church but to go out and share
the good news to the Lost. Lord strengthens me that I could share your good
news and encourage them to follow you. Lord don’t me in the seating ministry
that I could not present to you even one soul but push me Lord to do great
things to someone else so that there will be saved and their life be changed as
your True follower of yours for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study,
Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and
finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life
also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment