expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Don’t Lose Hope But Recover Immediately

Monday, June 2, 2014

Don’t Lose Hope But Recover Immediately

Monday, 2 June 2014

Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio


Don’t Lose Hope But Recover Immediately
‘We give great honor to those who endure…’ James 5:11 NLT

 Today’s Insight


During their famous expedition, American explorers, Lewis and Clark, faced incredible hardships. On reaching the Missouri River, they thought the worst was over – then they saw the Rockies! Instead of the easy ride downstream that they’d expected, they faced their biggest challenge: retreat or start climbing! Looking back, they realized it was in conquering the Rockies that they gained the confidence they needed for what they’d face later.

John Maxwell writes, ‘…you will become a better, stronger, wiser and more resilient person through solving problems.’ Sociologists who study resiliency – the ability to bounce back – tell us that people handle trauma in two ways. They either give up because they’re afraid, or they grow up by developing the capacity to handle it. What makes the difference? Instead of acting like victims, resilient people:

(1) Take charge of their lives;
(2) Refuse to relinquish their values;
(3) Refocus on their goal.

A challenge is a gift, a blessing in disguise. Quitting is always simpler than enduring. But it produces a pattern that’s hard to break; one you live to regret.
So if you’re thinking, ‘This relationship is too hard, I want out,’ or, ‘This job isn’t what I expected, I’m quitting,’ remember, you develop resiliency by remaining faithful in situations you don’t like and can’t change. That’s why the Bible says, ‘We give great honour to those who endure.’

Parallel verses: Lamentation 3:40 – 5:22, Mark 10:23-34, Ps 113, Pro 14:1-4

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for giving me strength to endure the difficulties and storms in my life. Lord empowers me to remain strong in my faith for I believe Lord that you will not give me problems bigger than me or that I could not with stand but you said that you will sustain through these problems and in the end I will have victory because you are with me Lord going through this difficulty. Lord thanks for sustaining me and giving me victory in facing all my problems for you oh Lord is a Sun and Shield and my deliverer in times of trouble because you did this Lord for me for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment