expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Lord’s Servant must Obey God Consistently

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lord’s Servant must Obey God Consistently

Saturday, 21 June 2014

Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio


Lord’s Servant must Obey God Consistently
‘I desire to do Your will, my God.’ Psalms 40:8 NIV

 

Today’s Insight

If you’re upset over giving up your ‘rights’ and ‘privileges’ to serve others, consider what Christ gave up to serve you. ‘…He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death…’ (Philippians 2:8 NKJV). When you’re tempted to remind others of the sacrifices you’ve made, hear Christ’s Words: ‘…When you have done all things which you are commanded, say, “We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do”‘ (Luke 17:10 NKJV).

Have you ever observed a dog that graduated from obedience school? It’s a source of pleasure to its master because it has learned to respond to a word, sometimes even a look. God says, ‘I will guide you with My eye’ (Psalms 32:8NKJV). God wants to bring you to the place where you don’t have to be begged, badgered or browbeaten to serve. One look from Him and you do it without question. As a servant you can’t change your master’s orders!

Dr JR Miller said, ‘It is a great deal easier to do that which God gives us to do, no matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of not doing it.’

God doesn’t want foot-dragging compliance, He wants willing obedience. And when He gets it, He blesses it. ‘If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land’ (Isaiah 1:19 NIV). God’s best is reserved for those who say yes. You ask, ‘How will I know when I arrive at that place?’ Because you’ll be able to say, ‘I desire to do Your will, O my God.’

Related verses: Ezek 20-21, Mark 13:1-11, Ps 48, Pro 14:33-35

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for you amazing acts that you did for us. You obey your Father up to the point of your death. Lord I want that kind of obedient and I want to consistently obey you Lord no matters comes on my way I am willing to obey you Lord. Because I knew that If I obey you Lord you will pour out blessings into my life that I can’t contain you. Lord teaches me to learn that it is better to obey than sacrifice. For I believe that obeying Lord is not by force but through our hearts. Lord strengthens me to obey and willing to submit my life to follow you with your Word all the days of my life for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment