Thursday,
9 January 2014
Word of Hope for Today with
Bro. Rolly Custodio
Do You Doubt Yourself about God’s Calling? (Part-3)
‘The
Lord…said to me, “Now, I have put My
words in your mouth.”‘ Jeremiah
1:9NIV
The
people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed,
if you jumped up and said, ‘No problem, Lord, I can handle that,’ He wouldn’t
call you at all. You say, ‘But I’ve made so many mistakes.’ Everybody falls;
the winners are just the ones who get back up again. ‘The Lord delights in a
man’s way, He makes his steps firm; though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with His hand’ (Psalm 37:23-24 NIV).
When
Jeremiah told God that he had neither the competence nor confidence needed to
do the job, God said to him what He says to us:
(1) You are not going in your own
authority. ‘…You must go to everyone I send you to…’ (Jeremiah
1:7NIV). Who’s sending you, sponsoring you and sustaining you? God!
What more do you need?
(2) The message is not yours.
‘You must…say whatever I command you’ (Jeremiah 1:7 NIV). Don’t agonise, compromise,
rationalise or apologise. Just say what God told you to say and He will do the
rest: ‘…For I am watching to see that My word is fulfilled’ (Jeremiah
1:12 NIV)!
(3) When God touches you, you’re
qualified. ‘Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth
and said to me, “Now, I have put My words in your mouth”‘ (Jeremiah
1:9 NIV). Be yourself;
you can’t be anybody else! You’re not who others say you are; you’re who God
says you are!
So you
can do what God says you can do. Just get in agreement with Him.
Today’s
Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for your
Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord thank you for giving
me strength to do the task that you want me to accomplish. Lord thank you for
touching me to be qualified on the things that you want me to do. I trust you
Lord that you will go with me and let your Word be delivered to those who are
oppressed, disappointed, failed and outcast out so that they will revive and
make their life alive again. Lord use me as an instrument of your blessings to
my family, your Church and to others for
your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of
all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior
Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now
saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus
you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God.
In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting
today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services
Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God
first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness
Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.
Follow me in:

No comments:
Post a Comment