expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: Focus on Praising the Lord (Part-2)

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Focus on Praising the Lord (Part-2)

Monday, 19 May 2014

Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio


Focus on Praising the Lord (Part-2)
 ‘Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.’ Psalms 150:6 NKJV

Today’s Insight

Solomon says there’s ‘…a time to keep silence and a time to speak’ (Ecclesiastes 3:7 NKJV). Now, you shouldn’t interrupt the church service and draw attention to yourself, but when it’s time to praise God you should give it 100 percent: ‘I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart’ (Psalms 9:1 NKJV).

The story’s told of an old man named Joe, who’d been a drunk and a derelict most of his life and, as a result, he could barely make ends meet. During a Sunday morning service he gave his life to Christ and the transformation was so radical that everybody in the congregation noticed it. Joe had a problem, however; he was so thrilled with Jesus that he sang louder than everybody else. And when the pastor made a point that touched his heart, he’d jump up and shout, ‘Hallelujah!’ Concerned that the dignity and decorum of the church were at risk, the pastor said, ‘Joe, you’ve got to be quiet. As a matter of fact, if you’ll just sit in church next Sunday and say nothing, I’ll buy you a new pair of boots.’ Joe needed the boots, so he said he’d try. But after restraining himself through several high points in the sermon, he couldn’t stand it anymore. He jumped up and shouted, ‘Boots or no boots, I’m gonna praise the Lord!’

You say, ‘But I’m the quiet, reserved type.’ Sorry, there are no exceptions based on personality types. ‘Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!’ In other words, unless you’re dead, you’re supposed to praise the Lord!


Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for giving me always fire in my heart to praise you because this is the way we are made of to praise you. As you said Lord in your Word that when there is no one will praise you, you will give breath to a stone in order to praise you. Lord make my life a Praising One and become my way of life wherever I go and whenever I am alive I will praise you always as my appreciation to all your goodness to my life and my family. Lord I decided in my life that as for me and my household we will serve and praise you until end of my last breath for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment