Word of Hope for Today by Bro. Rolly Custodio
Your Storm Shelter (Part-3)
‘I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go…’ Genesis 28:15
Today’s Insight
To prepare for life’s storms you must:
1) Practice self-control. Storms are much harder on the undisciplined and self-indulgent. The illusion that life should be easy, painless, an air-cushioned ride, makes you vulnerable to discouragement, disillusionment and defeat in hard times. The truth is, tough times don’t last but tough people do! And tough people practice self-denial and self-control. It’s their spiritual muscle for handling life’s hardships. The Bible says, ‘The fruit of the Spirit is…self-control…’ (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV). God’s Spirit will make you tough enough to control your greatest weakness—yourself—the thing that ultimately defeats you in the tough times. Paul lived by this principle. ‘I discipline my body and keep it under control…’ (1 Corinthians 9:27 ESV). Great athletes know that it’s their conditioning, not the conditions, that determine their victory.
2) Depend on God, not people. ‘It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man’ (Psalms 118:8 NKJV). Yes, others can help you at times, like a cast helps a broken leg. But once that leg is ready to bear its weight, you must discard the cast or your leg won’t regain full strength. People can go so far; only God will go all the way with you. Paul writes: ‘…No one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me…The Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!’ (2 Timothy 4:16-18 NKJV).
Parallel verses: Gen 17-19, Jn 13:31-38, Ps 118:1-9 , Prov 31:6-9
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. Lord, I come before you with a humble heart. Lord I thank you for your Word which develops my faith into Self Control and increase my believe in You. Lord empowers me to obey your Word and trust You always so that I cannot be tossed back and forth and no enemies one can pull me down. Lord thank you for giving this message of self-control and to depend only You for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.
To subscribe please follow me below!
http://facebook.com/JesusistheWealthCreator
http://youtube.com/rollycustodio
http://twitter.com/rollycustodio77
http://facebook.com/rollycustodioministries
http://netlog.com/custodiorolly http://scribd.com/srvtech7
http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment