29 August 2018
Word of
Hope for Today with PRC
How to Treasure
God’s Word (Part-3)
‘Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your
lives.’ – Colossians 3:16 NLT
Today’s
Insight:
As you fill your mind with God’s Word, the Holy
Spirit will use it to transform you. ‘Let the message about Christ, in all its
richness, fill your lives…with all the wisdom he gives.’ How do you do that?
1) By reading it. If you read the newspaper but
not the Bible, you won’t grow spiritually. You can’t watch TV for three or four
hours, then read your Bible for three or four minutes and expect growth. How
can you say you believe the Bible from cover to cover, when you haven’t read it
from cover to cover? ‘[We] should…read from it every day’ (Deuteronomy 17:19
NCV). If you read your Bible for just fifteen minutes a day, you’ll read
completely through it once a year. If you cut out just one thirty-minute
television programme daily, you can read it through twice a year. Daily Bible
reading keeps you within range of God’s voice. Do you want to grow spiritually?
Develop a daily Bible reading plan and stick with it.
2) By receiving it. In the parable of the sower
Jesus talks about three unreceptive attitudes: a closed mind (hard soil), a
superficial mind (shallow soil), and a distracted mind (soil with weeds) (see
Luke 8:5-15). He then goes on to say, ‘Consider carefully how you listen’ (v.18
NIV 2011 Edition).
Any time you’re not learning, check your
attitude, especially for pride, because God can speak to you through the most
boring teacher if you’re humble and receptive. James says, ‘Humbly accept the
word planted in you, which can save you’ (James 1:21 NIV 2011 Edition). These
aren’t just good ideas; they’re life-changing principles!
Today’s
Prayer:
Lord, Thank you for your
Word today which inspire us to spend more time. Lord I believed that as you
read your Bible you let your Holy Spirit nurture my soul and develop my faith
in you Lord. Lord your Word is a lamp to my feet and a guide to my path. Thank
you that I have a Word that I can hold regardless of my situation in my life. Thank
you that I have God that support and back up His Word even I am in the midst of
trials you show your Word as my anchor and I believe it will lead me to become
a man of faith. Lord teaches me always to love your Word and Trust it In Jesus
Name we pray. Amen.
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of
all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior, In
Jesus Name! Amen. If you mean that prayer from the bottom of your heart you are
now saved. It is God’s Word testified in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son
Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of
God!
In order for you to grow in your faith
with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read
your Bible Daily 3. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Training
Seminars 4. Attend Church Services Regularly and make God first place in your
life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that
they may receive Eternal Life also.
Follow me in Social Media:
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Sribd
For Online Business:
Health Tips:

No comments:
Post a Comment