expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY with Ptr. Rolly Custodio: The Commandments from Above (Part-5)

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Commandments from Above (Part-5)

Monday, 1 Sept. 2014

WORD OF HOPE FOR TODAY by Bro. Rolly Custodio


The Commandments from Above (Part-5)
“You shall not commit adultery.”  Ex 20:14 NIV

Today’s Insight

The seventh commandment says, “You shall not commit adultery.” But Jesus takes it one step further by saying, “Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery...in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better...to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell” (Mt 5:28-29 NIV). You’re not responsible for what you see, but you are responsible for what you continue to look at. Paul told Timothy, “Flee...youthful lusts” (2Ti 2:22); and James writes, “After desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death” (Jas 1:15 NIV). Immorality in practice or in thought can result in the death of your marriage, your self-respect, your influence, and your joy.

In The Door, theologian Mike Yaconelli writes: “Author Susan Howatch made a fortune writing block-buster novels...She had houses in several countries, drove a Porsche, and after divorcing had a number of ‘transient liaisons.’ But at age thirty, she said, ‘God seized me by the scruff of the neck and shook me until my teeth rattled.’ Now a Christian, she reflects: ‘I was promiscuous, but finally one morning I woke up and said, ‘What am I trying to prove, and to whom?’ I knew exactly what—that even though my marriage broke up I could still attract men. The fact that I could control men boosted my fractured ego.’ What was her conclusion? Promiscuity is a sign you’re not aligned right with God or yourself.”

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for your forgiveness and letting me to start a new fresh life with you. Lord spare me from any lustful desire but give me desire to intently look yo your Word and obey it. Lord empowers me to walk in holiness and teaches me get away from wicked people. Lord as you have said in Isaiah 59:1-2 your arms are not too short that you can’t reach us but our iniquities are separated us from you that you can’t see us Lord. Lord helps me to overcome my lustful desire to this world so that I can walk blameless as I serve you for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation                  

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:
http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment